Transparency is vital to Novaco Navigation. That’s why we’ve created a working cost calculator that allows you to compare or calculate your annual ADMIRALTY Vector Chart Service (AVCS) cell cost/requirements, using real trade routes.
The Novaco cost calculator is a simple yet comprehensive way to calculate the cost of ENCs.
With the free Novaco cost calculator you can assess:
• the annual cost of trading on a specific route, or
• the cost of a specific voyage.
You’ll be shown three cost scenarios to compare (using the year option and four legs plotted), or two if you use a simple route-based calculation (no PAYS option available):
• The vessel buys all the cells under the keel: on demand purchasing. This is based on Novaco’s Instant Permit Service (IPS) that delivers ‘instant permits’ for the minimum required charts for safe navigation. This is typically the most cost-effective option.
• The vessel buys all the cells under the keel: PAYS purchasing method.
• The vessel sets its own requirements and pays for the MINIMUM number of cells required under SOLAS.
At a glance you’ll see on-screen costs. You can email them to yourself or a colleague. This includes:
• a full breakdown of the number of cells used during a leg of the voyage, and the relevant number of cell units licensed along with their cost.
• a detailed table with all the cells for each proposed scenario.